Tuesday, April 12, 2016

I Chews You!

I have been slowly cleaning out my closet these past couple of weeks when I stumbled across a Star Wars shirt that my dad got me a few years ago. I loved the cartoon Wookie on the front, but sadly the shirt had gotten stretched out and I stopped wearing it unless I got lazy with the laundry. Couldn't bear to throw the little guy out, so I made him into a cuddle buddy.

Materials:

-shirt
-scissors
-pins
-needle
-thread
-stuffing

Making the thing:
1) Cut out the character.
2) Flip the character over and trace the edge of the fabric onto the remaining shirt.
3) Cut out the outlined shape.
(forgot that I didn't need to pin just yet)



4) Flip the fabric so that the wrong sides are out.
5) Pin.



6) Stitch around the edge of the figure (I used a running stitch), but be sure to leave a gap to put the stuffing in.
7) Remove the pins.

















8) turn the fabric inside out.


9) Put the stuffing in! Make them cuddly. Or stuff it with rocks. I dunno. Your stuffed animal, your decision.



10)Pin the open end.

 

11) Stitch it up.



12) Done!
13) (optional) Give it to your nerd boyfriend.





Lucy wanted it.

No comments:

Post a Comment