Sunday, April 3, 2016

Dog Treats!

 When I make cookies for my family, they often turn out badly and I get teased for it. I am not the best baker. 
Luckily, dogs can't talk, so if Lucy is going to judge me, at least I can't hear it!

Ingredients:

-1 can of pumpkin puree
-1/2 cup peanut butter
-4 large eggs
-2 cups of whole wheat flour
Baking the thing:
1)Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set it aside.

2)Combine the pumpkin, peanut butter, and eggs in a bowl (I used an electric hand mixer).


 3)Gradually add the flour at a low speed and beat until it seems somewhat evenly distributed. If you need to, add more flour until the dough is no longer sticky.

4)Working on a lightly floured surface, knead the dough 3-4 times until it comes together. 
5)Use a rolling pin to roll the dough to the thickness you want the treats to be.(I couldn't find mine and had to use a wooden dowel)
6)Use a cookie cutter or a knife to cut out the shapes you want and place the cookies onto the prepared baking sheet.


7)Put the cookies into the oven and bake them until the edges are golden brown (about 20-25 minutes)


8)Let the cookies cool and give them to your puppy!

No comments:

Post a Comment