Sunday, March 20, 2016

Multi Level Pot

I got to do a pot for my coil project in ceramics!



(That's my teacher, Mr. Bangsund. He's cool.)

About the thing:
I have been wanting to start a garden for a while now, but plants shrivel when I walk by, so I'll start small. The pot is about 10 inches tall and 5 inches wide, and the coils are about as thick as my thumb. I used a slip and score method when layering the coils on top of each other (as were my teacher's instructions). I blended the inside walls enough to be smooth, but I didn't worry about making them perfect because they would be filled with soil. Dirt doesn't care what the container looks like.
Assuming that it survives the kiln, I am going to glaze it with a dark green or rust orange.
Not sure what plants to put in it yet. Feel free to make suggestions!

No comments:

Post a Comment