Monday, March 7, 2016

Hickory Dickory Dock

The mouse ran up the clock.
The clock struck one and I decided to make a toy mouse for the cat, Dinah

Materials:
-catnip
-felt
-embroidery thread
-embroidery needle
-scissors
-marking utensil
-stuffing



Making the thing:
1) Draw two teardrop shapes on your fabric. Make one of the long sides straight. This will be the body of the mouse.
2) Draw two semi circles for your mouse ears. (I ended up trimming mine to be smaller).



3) Cut them out.



4) Thread your needle (I needed much more thread than pictured above, I just kept tying more lengths on as I ran out).
5) Leaving a long tail (for the tail lol), tie a knot at the end of the thread and stitch it through the rounded end of one of the body pieces. The knot will be on the inside of the mouse.



6) Whipstitch the body along the bottom (flat side).



7) Embroider the nose.





8) Tie it off and cut the thread, with the knot on the inside of the mouse.
9) Embroider both eyes.





















10) Take your ears and stitch each of them onto the mouse.



11) (Optional) Embroider the ears to fill them in.



12) Whipstitch the top of the mouse, leaving a gap to put the stuffing in the toy.



13) Get the catnip and stuffing (I used shredded toilet paper), and stuff the mouse.







14) Stitch it up.



15) To make the tail, tie the ends of the thread together repeatedly until you have the desired tail length. I wanted it to be longer, so I had to tie more thread on.




16) Laugh at your cat while they toss the toy around.



No comments:

Post a Comment